The other day I took my son to see Race To Witch Mountain. The movie was fine. The storyline was passably entertaining, the action sequences were okay and Dwayne Johnson was oh-my-God-can-I-eat-him-up-with-a-spoon-fantastic. Seriously, there is simply nothing wrong with the man. He's charismatic, he has chiseled features, he's tall, his smile is flawless and his body is...well, there are no words for what his body is. Perfection just doesn't cover it.
Needless to say The Rock has moved up to the number one spot in my celebrity crush list. I'm pretty sure everybody has a celebrity crush. Yes, some people may have crushes on famous scientists or politicians rather than movie stars but I'm pretty sure that we've all found ourselves admiring some woman or man with enormous cache who we probably won't ever meet let alone date. And that's what's so freeing about the celebrity crush. Since you most likely won't have a chance to hook up with the object of your crush under any circumstances the circumstances become completely unimportant. You don't have to worry about whether or not the celebrity is single (or if you're single) or if he or she likes blondes or brunettes or even if the celebrity is gay or straight. It's all total fantasy so those inconvenient bits of reality don't matter.
That said, here's my list of celebrity crushes:
1. Dwayne Johnson (but we already established that).
2. Anderson Cooper (a well informed smart environmentalist...and have you SEEN him wearing those fitted tees when he's doing those Planet In Peril shows?!)
3. Blair Underwood (As soon as he moved into Amanda's building in Sex and The City I started counting down the days until she got his shirt off)
4. Johnny Depp (Only man in the world who can make a brilliant, drunk lunatic pirate seem hot)
5. Antonio Banderas (tall, dark and with an accent...do I need to say more?)
Those are my top five. I honestly don't know who number six would be...or maybe I do but I'm too embarrassed to admit it ; ) Again, this is fantasy. It has absolutely nothing to do with who I want in my reality. But when these guys are in a movie you can count on me being in the theater with a bucket of popcorn and a big smile on my face.
So what about you? Who makes your celebrity crush list? Inquiring minds want to know!
Bestselling Author of:
The Sophie Katz Murder Mystery Seris,
SO MUCH FOR MY HAPPY ENDING
Pre-order LUST, LOATHING AND A LITTLE LIP GLOSS on Amazon or Barnesandnoble.com today!